The First Colour Classic is BACK!



Today is a very special day. The day my first Colour Classic came home.

The First Colour Classic is come home after four years. I'm so happy to have that computer back.

I'm going to pick it up tonight at my friend's house, to whom I sold it in 2005.

Here is the story:

My story with the Macintosh Colour Classic started a long time ago, in 1994. I had a PowerMac 6100 that was a very expensive computer for a just married brazilian guy, not out of the university yet. It was one of the best computers one could buy at that time.

I had done some work on the side and managed to save some money for a computer. I have always loved machines so I wanted a Macintosh.

But, times were tough and we needed money. So I set out to meet some people and see if I could sell the PowerMac. I went to a local Apple reseller, hoping to get a deal, maybe I could exchange the PowerMac for something cheaper and make a little money.

WHen I got there I saw the Colour Classic on display. It was on promotion, they wanted to clear the stock. I started to play with it. It was so cute! The design was gorgeous, the entire computer was one master piece. It was beautiful!
I had to think, it was not that expensive for a promotion, but I went there to get money, not to spend money.
I could not resist it. I took a Colour Classic home with me. My wife did not understand what happened, but I managed.
It was more like the tail of John and the magic beans. He was suppose to sell the cow, but exchanged the animal for magic beans.

Anyway, I was as happy as ever with my Colour Classic.

I went to England that year and got it a MacBag that I still have. So I could take it with me when going places. I didn't even had a car, but I had a Colour Classic. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment