Bye Bye Seagate Hawk!


After looking at the results of Speedometer for  MacOS 7.6.1 I decided to upgrade CC1 to 7.6.1, from its current 7.5.3.
I gathered all I needed but CC1 started to behave strangely. First was the watch on the screen, taking too long to open applications. Then, after connecting the Apple external CDROM to CC1 to boot from the CD, it would hang occasionally. Weird, I thought. Then, Disk Copy would not mount MacOS image properly for installation; the installation stopped in the middle. And there was another reboot because the installer could not "replace a file".

So I thought "gotta be a problem with the disk".

So, it is time to say goodbye to the Seagate Hawk 2000MB model ST32430N. I guess death come to us all, including our hard disks.

I called CC2 to help. I took it apart, removed the 4GB HP disk and placed inside CC1. It is working.

Now it is a good time to to do a overhaul on CC2, take it apart, clean it up, take some pictures.

I also got 4 Minamoto 3.6V PRAM Batteries, right here in Jundiaí, for R$ 17,00 each (US$8).

Every MOBO is getting a new battery. Horay!

Right now I'm installing MacOS 7.6.1 on CC1. It is going smooth.

Long live CC1.

No comments:

Post a Comment